Updated June 24/2020
We are pleased to announce DVSA is offering a modified version of our Children’s Summer Art Camps.
Health and safety is paramount and we are strictly adhering to the Ontario Ministry of Health Day Camp guidelines. We have further developed the guidelines in relation to DVSA in an effort to meet and/or exceed ministry standards. We encourage you to view that information here.
There are some significant changes to our regular Art Camp procedures and we ask that all families review these procedures before registering and/or attending a camp.
- Unfortunately, we are not running our programs for Ages 4-6 years. This was a difficult decision and we apologize to those parents and students who will be affected. After much deliberation, we felt it will be too difficult to implement the required safety measures for our youngest students, ensure the protocols are being met and still create an enjoyable experience. We are disappointed not to be having our younger artists join us this summer, but hope we can welcome them back in the Fall. Our camps designated for Ages 6-7, Ages 6-8 and older will run as scheduled.
- We are also offering Online Summer Art Camp options for children – please check our classes page for our offerings. Look under Summer Art Camp – Online.
- To ensure we can implement the required social distancing measures, camp enrolment numbers have been reduced to 8 per class. We will be notifying families if a specific camp now exceeds the recommended enrolment number and offering alternatives where we can for that week and age range. Priority will be given to students based on enrolment date. Again, we apologize to our families who may be affected by this, but we must adhere to the Ministry’s guidelines.
- A signed waiver is REQUIRED for each student enrolled. More about this process is here. We will be making contact to ensure a waiver is provided for your child.
We are excited to see our young artists back in the studios. Registration for Summer Art Camps can be completed online at dvsa.ca/classes, by calling 905-628-6357 #0 or visiting the school during the designated hours.
DVSA Summer Art Camp Programs for children begin June 29 and run until September 4th, offering 10 Weeks of art adventures. Taught by qualified, professional artists, our Summer Art Camps encourage originality and are designed to develop your child’s creative literacy and art skills – all in a fun and supportive studio environment. Have your family take part in an imaginative experience that many children say is the highlight of summer. (Please note: our camps designated for Ages 4-6 will unfortunately not be running this summer).
Plan Your Day!
Camps run for a full week here at Dundas Valley School of Art. Choose your week(s) and a half or full day camp option for your artist(s). We also offer an on-site Extended Care program (see below) to help accommodate busy schedules.
• Morning camp programs run from 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Afternoon camp programs are from 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
(Parents who provided input on whether to extend our camp day, thank you. We’ve decided to take one more summer to collect feedback and then look at the possibility of extending times for 2021.)
Students staying all day should choose different camps for their morning and afternoon sessions. Children enrolled in both morning and afternoon camps are automatically a part of the supervised lunch program from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. We strive to be peanut/nut free. Please pack lunches and snacks accordingly.
Visit our Summer Camp listings, choose Summer Art Camp 2020 and then your preferred week (under Medium) to see our weekly camps and register online. Or call and speak with our DVSA team at 905-628-6357 #0.
Note: Our refund policy has changed. Before registering, we recommend reviewing our updated refund policy for classes and camps at dvsa.ca/policies.
“I loved my teacher and the counsellors because they taught me stuff I never knew could be possible!” – Mya, age 8
On-Site Extended Care Is Back!
We’re pleased to continue offering an on-site Extended Care program for our young artists during the summer camp weeks. Available from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m.* and 3:30 – 6:00 p.m., this program provides the children with a nurturing environment, engaging programming and quality care from our ECE care provider.
Cost: $80 for the week ($64 for 4 day weeks). Full week only, no refunds.
Snacks: Children must bring their own peanut/nut free snacks
Registration: Pre-registration and pre-payment is required. Register online on our Summer Camps listings page (look for Summer Camp Extended Care under your preferred week) or call 905-628-6357 #0 to reserve. Availability is limited.
*Regular on-site supervision begins at 9:00 a.m. with classes starting at 9:30 a.m.
“DVSA Art Camp is a must attend experience every year for our child. He eagerly anticipates his classes and always wants to continue this experience through the entire year!” – Amber Stuckey