Being raised in an artistic family with a mother who painted and a father who was a draftsmen, Shannon was always expressing herself artistically. With a passion for jewelry design, she graduated from OCAD with a jewelry major. It was clear she was on the right path when in 1995 while at OCAD, she was presented the prestigious Studio Award. After OCAD, Shannon graduated from the 3 year Jewelry Design program at George Brown. While she was there in 1997, she was honoured with the Bob Wille Award.
Learn more about Shannon here.
• Finalist Saul Bell Design Award/Gold & Platinum Category – Albuquerque, NM – 2010
• Honorable Mention for Jewellery Award – Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition – 2009
• Nominated for K-W Awards in Visual Arts – Kitchener – 2009
• Mixed Media Award – ‘Insights’ Elora Arts Council – June-September 2008
• Best in Sculpture – Hand & Spirit Juried Exhibition, Elliot Lake – June 2007
• Best of Show – ‘Quotation’ National Jewelry Competition at Zilberschmuck Gallery – March 2006
• Winner of Best Artist at the Blue Mountain Artist’s Walk – August 2004
• Lacy and Co. Supply Grant – Ontario Crafts Council, 2002
• Tommia Vaughan Jones Award – Ontario Crafts Council, 1999
• Creative Jewellery Design in Metal Award – Ontario Crafts Council, 1998
• Bob Wille Award – George Brown College – 1997
• Ontario College of Art Studio Award- 1995