Dundas Valley School of Art is posting for the maternity leave position of Program Assistant.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Assistant is responsible for providing day-to-day program coordination and assistance to registered programs, events, and outreach, as well as support to development and marketing programs, as needed.
Summary of Responsibilities (varies by term):
- Art Auction intake and event support
- Front Desk support
- Volunteer coordination
- Gallery coordination and installation support (in-house and Artists’ Connection programs)
- Materials and supplies sourcing and purchasing
- Studio program support
- Event and outreach support (incl. Artist Talks, Family Art Days, Little Black Frame, Annual Art Auction, Foster the Ability, Nurture the Ability & Community Art Experience Program)
- Marketing support
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Education or a related cultural field
- Experience working in the arts community and knowledge of fine art media
- Excellent customer service skills and experience cultivating relationships and connecting with a diverse range of people and communities (with a strong understanding of tact, diplomacy, confidentiality, equity, and inclusion)
- Excellence in organizational, administrative, planning, and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and adjust workload accordingly, meeting deadlines with minimum direction
- Strong personal initiative and attention to detail
- Previous experience with art and culture events and working with volunteers
- Ability to work evenings and weekends at DVSA programs and events
- Must be proficient with computers and Microsoft Office products
- Drivers’ Licence and vehicle
- Ability to get a Vulnerable Sector Check
Job Types: Full-time, maternity leave contract position. 35 hours a week with additional hours during events, periods of high activity, some evenings and weekends, as required.
Language: English (required)
If you love art and would like to work with a high-performing team in a vibrant environment, please email your resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Assistant” in the subject heading. Applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 pm, Jan. 15 2021.
As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.