DVSA Collectors’ Edition Auction
Bidding Help and Tips
Auction Bidding Help and Tips
Our Fall Collectors’ Edition Art Auction features 47 previously owned paintings, drawings and mixed-media works from donors and our DVSA collection. All bidding is online and opens on Oct. 2.
In-person artworks previews run from Tuesday, October 3 until Thursday, October 5 at 2:00 p.m. See here for school hours.
How To Register For The Online Auction
Early registration is important. Registering a few days in advance of the auction opening will ensure you will be approved in time to bid. If you are already signed up with Bidsquare, you may skip to Step #2 below.
STEP 1: Join our DVSA Bidsquare Auction site
1. Visit auction.dvsa.ca.
2. Click “Sign Up” in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Enter your email and a password. If you’ve had an auction account with us before, use the email address you used previously. The auction site will help you set up a new password and you should be good to go.
4. Provide credit card and billing information. If you’re not already a preferred bidder, this is required to be approved for bidding. Your card will not be charged, and if you are a winning bidder, you will have the opportunity to change your preferred payment method upon checkout.
5. Check your email! Click the link sent to you to verify your email address.
6. Remember your DVSA Bidsquare login and password; you will need it later.
STEP 2: Register for the Auctions
1. Click here to log in and view the DVSA’s Auction
2. Select the Fall Collectors’ Edition Art Auction, then click the blue“Register Now” button.
3. Agree to the auction terms and conditions and confirm.
4. You will receive a pop-up message and an email when your registration is approved. Once successfully registered, you are able to bid in the auction.
5. Start bidding! The auction opens on Oct. 2 at 10:00 a.m.
Online Bidding Help and Tips
- Notifications are sent each time a participant ups your bid on a piece. You’ll also receive a warning notification when an item you’re bidding on or watching is near its closing time so you can place any final bids.
- Make good use of the site’s Search feature. You can search by lot number, artist name, artwork title, etc.
- The Category tabs are a great way to navigate and view all the artworks by medium.
- Use the “♡ Add To My Items” feature to track your favourite pieces. The auction item will be saved to “My Items” in the “My Account” tab of your account where you can track and continue to bid on your favourite items.
Bidder Footing – Be aware that if two bids of the same amount are placed on an item, the bidder who placed the bid first has bidder footing and therefore holds the highest bid.
Questions and Bidding Help
If you require further help, requests can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auto-Bidding Is Available!
When bidding on an item, you may choose to place a maximum bid representing the highest amount you’re willing to pay at the moment. The automatic bidding technology will then place incremental bids on your behalf based on the bid increment. It will always place the lowest bid necessary, but will never go higher than your maximum bid.
The online auction begins closing on Thursday, October 5 at 2:00 p.m. Be sure to verify the closing time of your favourite items.
Successful bidders will be asked to make payment for their pieces on the auction site using a credit card. Payments will not be processed at the school – no cash payments will be permitted. Please note, a 4% service fee will be applied at checkout.
Shipment for most items can be arranged for purchasers outside the GHA. Shipping fees are extra and to be paid by the purchaser. Shipping requests can be made to email@example.com.
Extended Bidding is activated for items and will extend the closing time by 2 minutes if a bid is placed in the final minute before closing.