Tickets are now sold out for this event. A big thank you to all our ticket holders. Online previews are now on:
If you’d like to see the artwork in-person, we’re offering two days of in-school previews on November 25th and 26th during pre-arranged times – 10 visitors per each half-hour time slot. Previews are open to all. Guests will be asked to show proof of second COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival and must wear a mask within the building at all times.
November 27 is the date for our 7th edition of the Little Black Frame Mystery Art fundraiser. This year’s list of confirmed artists is once again outstanding, representing a vast range of styles and ideas. Just wait until you see all the artwork up on display in their little black frames!
Little Black Frame is a variation on the art lottery format. When your number is called, you’ll have the chance to choose your favourite stunning art piece from a selection of 150+ unique works, each one showcased in a little black frame. Created by established and emerging artists, you won’t know who made your masterpiece until it’s in your hands.
All proceeds from Little Black Frame help support DVSA’s groundbreaking hands-on art programs for participants of all ages and backgrounds. Help us to continue enriching the lives of those in greater Hamilton through the visual arts – it’s a much needed creative outlet as we navigate the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here’s how this year’s event will work:
- Artwork selection officially begins Saturday, November 27. Each ticket holder is entitled to one piece of art and a fun-filled swag bag (see more below). There are no refunds for tickets.
- All ticket holders will be entered into an advance random draw conducted by DVSA to determine the order for selecting artwork. The results of the draw will be shared beforehand so everyone knows the order for artwork selection.
- Starting on Saturday, November 27 each ticket holder will be contacted by phone (in the order determined by the draw) to choose their artwork from our online gallery. As pieces are claimed, they will be removed from the online gallery in real-time, allowing participants to know which pieces are still available. Phone calls will be made between 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. on November 27. Each ticket holder will be given a 1-hour time frame during which they can expect their phone to ring for their artwork choice. (ie. between 1:00-2:00 p.m.).
- After we’ve completed our calls and everyone has chosen a black frame, artwork pick-up will commence on Sunday, November 28 from 1:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m. at DVSA and continue Monday, November 29 from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Shipment of artwork can be arranged for purchasers outside the GHA. Shipping fees are extra and to be paid by the purchaser.
- During artwork pick-up, all ticket holders will also receive a swanky “thank you for supporting” LBF swag bag filled with treats and goodies from regional vendors – an over $50 value! Please note: swag bags are available for pick-up at DVSA only. Unfortunately, we cannot ship swag bags (you’ll see why!)
Little Black Frame Guidelines
- Look for the advance communication via email about the order for artwork selection so you know where you are in the process
- On artwork selection day, wait for your phone call from DVSA.
- To keep things moving, keep tabs on the online gallery at dvsa.ca and edit your top choices list as pieces are removed from the gallery, especially before your assigned calling time.
- When you receive your phone call, choose your favourite remaining artwork from the online gallery.
- The final five lucky numbers will receive a bonus door prize with their artwork.
- All choices are final. Once you have chosen your artwork, it’s yours.
- Please be on standby for your phone call. If you are unable to answer the phone when we call for your selection, we will hang up and try once more. If we are unable to reach you on the second try, we will move on to the next person on the list and then try you again after they have chosen. If we still cannot reach you after 3 tries, you will be moved to the bottom of the list
- To keep things moving, you have 1 minute to make your choice. Please be considerate of others waiting and be ready to choose quickly.
- Artwork remaining at the end of the draw will be available for sale and on display during pick-up. First come, first served.
We’re looking forward to getting the draw going and handing out more great artwork to begin the holiday season!
Thank you to our generous event sponsors: