Get your event tickets here:
It’s coming December 5 – the 2020 edition of our Little Black Frame Mystery Art fundraiser! This year’s growing list of confirmed artists is once again outstanding, representing a vast range of styles and ideas. We can’t wait to see all the artwork up on display in their little black frames! And, to add to this year’s fun, we’re adding a special “party-in-a-bag” swag bag with a value of over $50 for all our participants.
Little Black Frame is a variation on the art lottery format. When your number is drawn, you’ll have the chance to choose your favourite stunning art piece from a selection of 120+ unique works, each one showcased in a little black frame. Created by established and emerging artists, you won’t know who made your masterpiece until it’s in your hands.
For this year’s event, the draw and selection process will be online. We’ll display the artwork in advance for online previewing – unfortunately, due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are unable to offer in-school previews.
All proceeds from Little Black Frame help support DVSA’s groundbreaking hands-on art programs for participants of all ages and backgrounds.
Here’s how this year’s event will work:
- Artwork selection officially begins Saturday, December 5. Tickets are now on sale online or by phone (905-628-6357 #0) and cost $150 (plus ticket admin fee) – each ticket holder is entitled to one piece of art and a fun-filled swag bag (see more below).
- All ticket holders will be entered into an advance random draw conducted by DVSA to determine the order for selecting artwork. The results of the draw will be shared beforehand so everyone knows the order for artwork selection.
- Starting on Saturday, December 5, each ticket holder will be contacted by phone (in the order determined by the draw) to choose their artwork from our online gallery at dvsa.ca. As pieces are claimed, they will be removed from the online gallery in real-time, allowing participants to know which pieces are still available. Phone calls will be made between 1:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. on December 5. Each ticket holder will be given a 1-hour time frame during which they can expect their phone to ring for their artwork choice. (ie. between 1:00-2:00 p.m.).
- After we’ve completed our calls and everyone has chosen a black frame, artwork pick-up will commence on Monday, December 7. Shipment of artwork can be arranged for purchasers outside the GHA. Shipping fees are extra and to be paid by the purchaser.
- We know the festive atmosphere of Little Black Frame night will be missed by all (especially us). So, during artwork pick-up, all ticket holders will also receive a swanky “party in a bag” swag bag – an over $50 dollar value – filled with mystery treats and treasures from regional businesses including Spring Mills Distillery, Sleeman, Jackson-Triggs, Collective Arts, Geovita, Covered in Chocolate, Cumbraes and Ross & McBride LLP. Please note: swag bags are available for pick-up at DVSA only. Unfortunately, we cannot ship swag bags (you’ll see why!)
We’re looking forward to getting the draw going and handing out more great artwork. Yes, it’s going to be different, but we promise lots of great art just in time for the holidays and as always, mystery and fun!
Thank you to our generous sponsors for this event:
Little Black Frame Guidelines
- Look for the advance communication via email about the order for artwork selection so you know where you are in the process
- On artwork selection day, wait for your phone call from DVSA.
- To keep things moving, keep tabs on the online gallery at dvsa.ca and edit your top choices list as pieces are removed from the gallery, especially before your assigned calling time.
- When you receive your phone call, choose your favourite remaining artwork from the online gallery.
- The final five lucky numbers will receive a bonus door prize with their artwork.
- All choices are final. Once you have chosen your artwork, it’s yours.
- Please be on standby for your phone call. If you are unable to answer the phone when we call for your selection, we will hang up and try once more. If we are unable to reach you on the second try, we will move on to the next person on the list and then try you again after they have chosen. If we still cannot reach you after 3 tries, you will be moved to the bottom of the list
- To keep things moving, you have 1 minute to make your choice. Please be considerate of others waiting and be ready to choose quickly.
- Artwork remaining at the end of the draw will be available for sale. If you’re interested in a remaining piece, we’ll share how you can request to make a purchase.