November 27 is the date for our 7th edition of the Little Black Frame Mystery Art fundraiser. This year’s growing list of confirmed artists is once again outstanding, representing a vast range of styles and ideas. We can’t wait to see all the artwork up on display in their little black frames! And, to add to this year’s fun, we’re bringing back the special “thank you for supporting” swag bag for all our participants.
Tickets for this event will go on sale in October. Check back here for more details as October approaches.
Little Black Frame is a variation on the art lottery format. When your number is called, you’ll have the chance to choose your favourite stunning art piece from a selection of 120+ unique works, each one showcased in a little black frame. Created by established and emerging artists, you won’t know who made your masterpiece until it’s in your hands.
Once again this year, with restrictions still uncertain, the draw and selection process will be online. We’ll display the artwork in advance for online previewing and plan to offer advance in-person previews (as long as restrictions continue to allow).
All proceeds from Little Black Frame help support DVSA’s groundbreaking hands-on art programs for participants of all ages and backgrounds.
Here’s how this year’s event will work:
- Artwork selection officially begins Saturday, November 27. Each ticket holder is entitled to one piece of art and a fun-filled swag bag (see more below). There are no refunds for tickets.
- All ticket holders will be entered into an advance random draw conducted by DVSA to determine the order for selecting artwork. The results of the draw will be shared beforehand so everyone knows the order for artwork selection.
- Starting on Saturday, November 27 each ticket holder will be contacted by phone (in the order determined by the draw) to choose their artwork from our online gallery at dvsa.ca. As pieces are claimed, they will be removed from the online gallery in real-time, allowing participants to know which pieces are still available. Each ticket holder will be given a 1-hour time frame during which they can expect their phone to ring for their artwork choice. (ie. between 1:00-2:00 p.m.).
- After we’ve completed our calls and everyone has chosen a black frame, artwork pick-up will commence on Sunday, November 28. Shipment of artwork can be arranged for purchasers outside the GHA. Shipping fees are extra and to be paid by the purchaser.
- During artwork pick-up, all ticket holders will also receive a swanky “thank you for supporting” swag bag filled with treats and goodies. More to come on these.
We’re looking forward to getting the draw going and handing out more great artwork. Yes, it’s going to be different, but we promise lots of great art to begin the holiday season and as always, mystery and fun!