DVSA Art Auction
Bidding Help and Tips
Auction Bidding Help and Tips
Our 52nd Annual Art Auction features a mix of online and in-person events! All bidding for the the Silent Art Auction is online and opens on April 10. The highly anticipated Live Auction Event will take place in person on April 14.
Don’t miss our in-person previews which run from Wednesday, April 12 until Saturday, April 15 at 1:00 p.m. See here for times. (Please note that in-person previews will be closed the evening of the Live Auction, Friday April 14.
All auction artwork (live and silent) is available to view online here.
How To Register For The Online Auction
Early registration is important. Registering a few days in advance of the April 10 auction openings will ensure you will be approved in time to bid. If you are already signed up with Bidsquare, you may skip to Step #2 below.
STEP 1: Join our DVSA Bidsquare Auction site
1. Visit auction.dvsa.ca.
2. Click “Sign Up” in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Enter your email and a password. If you’ve had an auction account with us before, use the email address you used previously. The auction site will help you set up a new password and you should be good to go.
4. Provide credit card and billing information. If you’re not already a preferred bidder, this is required to be approved for bidding. Your card will not be charged, and if you are a winning bidder, you will have the opportunity to change your preferred payment method upon checkout.
5. Check your email! Click the link sent to you to verify your email address.
6. Remember your DVSA Bidsquare login and password; you will need it later.
STEP 2: Register for the Auctions
1. Click here to log in and view the DVSA’s Auction
2. Select Part 1 or Part 2 of the Art Auction, then click the blue“Register Now” button. Registering for Part 1 or Part 2 of the auction allows participation in both parts of the auction.
3. Agree to the auction terms and conditions and confirm.
4. You will receive a pop-up message and an email when your registration is approved. Once successfully registered, you are able to bid in both auctions.
5. Start bidding! Auctions open on April 10.
Online Bidding Help and Tips
- Notifications are sent each time a participant ups your bid on a piece. You’ll also receive a warning notification when an item you’re bidding on or watching is near its closing time so you can place any final bids.
- With over 1,400 pieces available, make good use of the site’s Search feature. You can search by lot number, artist name, artwork title, etc.
- The Category tabs are a great way to navigate and view all the artworks by medium.
- Use the “♡ Add To My Items” feature to track your favourite pieces. The auction item will be saved to “My Items” in the “My Account” tab of your account where you can track and continue to bid on your favourite items.
Bidder Footing – Be aware that if two bids of the same amount are placed on an item, the bidder who placed the bid first has bidder footing and therefore holds the highest bid.
Questions and Bidding Help
If you require further help, requests can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auto-Bidding Is Available!
When bidding on an item, you may choose to place a maximum bid representing the highest amount you’re willing to pay at the moment. The automatic bidding technology will then place incremental bids on your behalf based on the bid increment. It will always place the lowest bid necessary, but will never go higher than your maximum bid.
Silent Auction Closing
The online silent auction begins closing on Saturday, April 15. There are two parts to the auction – one part closing on the Saturday, one on the Sunday.
- Part 1 – Ceramics, Sculpture, Photography, Glass, Textile Art, Jewellery and more – will begin closing at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 15 – one item every 30 seconds.
- Part 2 – Paintings, Drawings and Prints – will begin closing at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 16 – one item every 30 seconds.
Be sure to verify the closing time of your favourite items.
Successful bidders will be asked to make payment for their pieces on the auction site using a credit card. Payments will not be processed at the school – no cash payments will be permitted. Please note, a 4% service fee will be applied at checkout.
Note: Invoices for all items purchased for Part 1 and Part 2 of the online auction will be sent at the conclusion of the final lot closing on Sunday, April 16.
Shipment for most items can be arranged for purchasers outside the GHA. Shipping fees are extra and to be paid by the purchaser. Shipping requests can be made to email@example.com.
Extended Bidding is activated for items and will extend the closing time by 3 minutes if a bid is placed in the final minute before closing.
Bidding In The Live Auction, Friday April 14
Bidding for all items in the Live Auction is in-person only. Tickets to the night are available here. Absentee and phone bids can be arranged. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Live Auction items can be previewed here.