We are currently running our third session of Art to Heart and are looking to expand this program in the future – more information to come.
As a thank you on behalf of the Hamilton community, Dundas Valley School of Art is offering free online art classes for healthcare workers. Funded through the Community Foundation of Canada, these classes are designed to provide a stress-relieving outlet and help restore some balance to your life.
Activities are designed for non-artists and beginners looking to engage in creative exploration by joining a small group of other healthcare workers in these low-key and playful art making sessions. This program is about having fun, finding some joy in making things and shaking off some of the stress that comes with working long hours during this pandemic.
Offered over 8 classes, projects include journaling, collage, making art with scribbles, creating pieces with a range of different materials, altered images, and working in watercolours. All materials are provided in advance and for free – you simply need to join in online and let it happen.
Recognizing the challenges for those dealing with shift work, you can select up to 8 different workshop dates and times that work with your schedule. All activities will be posted to YouTube afterwards for you to engage with on your own time, along with the option to check-into drop-in classes as needed.
Always dreamed of having an art exhibition? You’ll also have the option of showing your work in a digital art gallery at the end of the class, should you choose.
How Art to Heart works:
- Art to Heart is offered free to anyone who works in a healthcare setting in Ontario
- Register and confirm your place of employment. We’ll deliver all art supplies to your workplace in advance of your classes.
- You can participate in up to 8 virtual workshops or do the projects on your own, using pre-filmed video directives.
- Students will need access to the internet to access activity demonstrations on YouTube, scheduled classes and drop-in sessions.
- Participating in the final exhibition is strictly your choice.
- Once activities are posted on YouTube, anyone can access them. This is the legacy component of the program: they will always be there for you, your family and others to which to return.